Career Hail Mary
Our vision is
We develop larger pools of skilled talent through a system of project- oriented training and assessment.
These curated pipelines of skilled talent build real life skills and experience by working on relevant projects from large corporations to small businesses.
Our initial focus will be media content production, marketing strategy and social media operations but our road map plan includes sales, finance, consumer marketing, analytics, and other advanced technology.
Fueled by Venture Philanthropy.
WE HAVE A PROJECT-ORIENTED APPROACH TO SOLVING MORE THAN JUST THE EMPLOYMENT & HIRING CHALLENGES FACED IN TODAY’S MARKETPLACE.
WE UTILIZE VENTURE PHILANTHROPY TO FUEL A DUAL RECRUITING & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT TRAINING STRATEGY TO ACCOMPLISH:
- INCREASED PARTICIPATION of diverse professionals in Media Content, Marketing Strategy & Technology Development .
- SUSTAINABLE SYSTEM FOR GROWING LARGER POOLS OF EXPERIENCED professionals for current/future workforce needs.
- IMPROVED QUALITY of the TALENT SELECTION process as well as RETENTION EFFORTS at progressively lower costs.
What is Venture Philanthropy?
1.Better Training Method
VENTURE PHILANTHROPY fuels project- oriented training towards higher expectations in productivity and revenue generating potential to support social causes and social responsibility objectives.
2.Better Audience Target
We engage underrepresented parts of your target audience that traditionally don’t participate in crafting the messages they see and hear. In addition, we employ a high volume, multi-version approach to production training which drives greater understanding, mastery and innovation of the creative process.
3. Better Revenue Model
Focused on media content production, marketing and social media as the primary model, we create value for partners who want more IP and talent at lower costs and risk.
HOW IT WORKS
CNN would like to expand their local news bureau and news gathering operations in Los Angeles. In addition, they want to cultivate a larger pool of experienced candidates without incurring major costs.
• Max Edwards curates a relationship between CNN and Veterans in Media & Entertainment (VME) and Circle K to train media production professionals for a fee.
- The partnership fee gives CNN the ability to feed projects to our training program as well as work with military veterans which is one of their social goals.
- Max Edwards collaborates with various industry experts and functional partners to provide the training, mentorship and supervision of the project teams.
- Through an iterative process the project teams produce and present the best versions of the project deliverables to CNN for evaluation.
- CNN evaluates multiple versions of the completed projects and selects the version that meets their objectives most. They also assess the talent.
- CNN decides how to best distribute the winning content as well as assess and select talent for workforce needs.
MARKET CONDITIONS & PROBLEMS
In today’s talent market, finding and keeping the best talent have become the most critical factors in determining the success and growth of a business.
Competition for experienced talent is driving up labor costs and that makes hiring mistakes very expensive when the unemployment rate is below 4.9%.
You can hire temps or contractors, but agencies charge mark-ups of 35-75% on rates. In Tech jobs it’s higher. (Ex. Rate charged is $65 per hour by agency, but
contractor is paid $40 per hour.)
Recruiting agencies and headhunters charge fees of 20-33% on the first year salary of each hire. (Ex. $100,000 salary equals $20,000 fee)
Leave us a note and we will get back to you for a free consultation